JOB TITLE: Assistant Director (FILLED)
Cambridge Neighbors (CN) is looking for a talented and dedicated professional who has a genuine interest in enhancing the wellbeing and independence of seniors who are planning to age in their own homes and communities.
The Assistant Director will be the primary point of contact for CN’s 225 members who are aged 60 and over. The requirements for the Assistant Director are broad, but the goal is to keep current members engaged.
Applying superb administrative, customer service, organizational and computer skills, the candidate will:
- Interact by phone or email with members and clients who request services
- Assist CN members with service requests including vendor referrals, event registrations, volunteer service requests, and other transactions
- Maintain membership data base
- Oversee the production of membership materials and monthly newsletter
- Develop and implement programming for members
- Maintain service records for all vendors and members
- Coordinate billing for annual member renewal fees, process new members applications, and work with bookkeeper on other charges.
- Assist Executive Director when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant customer service experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that indicate an ability to interact effectively with our clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a busy office
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Appreciates working as part of a team
- Strong computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and social media)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Sense of humor
This position reports directly to the Executive Director
Cambridge Neighbors is a nonprofit membership organization serving 220 people age 60 and older living primarily in Cambridge, but also in Arlington, Belmont, Somerville and Watertown. A part of the national “village” movement, CN’s mission is to support members’ choice to lead vibrant, healthy lives as they “age in place” in their own homes and neighborhoods. CN provides its members with access to a variety of services delivered by volunteers and vetted professional vendors, as well as a way to stay connected to their peers through social, cultural and educational activities.
Salary is commensurate with experience. CN offers a comprehensive vacation and holiday schedule along with the opportunity of flextime.
Start Date – Ideally the right candidate would start immediately.